This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No WINE-Menu

I've played around with KDE4 on my Feisty-system, when I notice a WINE-menu in the K-Menu. I thought, this was something new, when I learned, that the WINE-menu should actually be displayed in KDE3 as well.

My problem is: how do I make the menu appear? I have applications installed, so it should appear. My profile is very old (from the Hoary days), so the reason could be some modification I made along the way. Could anyone give me a hint? In kickerrc I couldn't find anything suspicious.

Re: No WINE-Menu

Wine does this, not KDE. I think it appeared (at least to me) a version or two (of Wine) ago. Around 0.9.40.

I personally didn't like it, so I pushed it all into a Wine submenu I created when I installed Wine.
    For external use only.

Comment

Since I have the menu (with all the apps ... well, games, actually, I installed) in KDE4, it must mean, that I've somehow edited KMenu to not make it appear in KDE3. I have the same problem with the Debian-menu, though I've given up trying to make that one reappear and uninstalled the .deb.

I'm using the latest WINE version from the official repositories, so 0.9.42 currently. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Comment

Well, you can put it in with the K Menu Editor manually.
        If you don't feel like switching back and forth between computers/environments, here's the list:
        First entry, named "Wine File", command "winefile".
        Second, "Wine Help Browser", command "winhelp".
        Third, "Wine Notepad", "notepad".
        Fourth, "Wine Regedit", "regedit".
        Fifth and last, I don't know what the name was, but the command is "winecfg".
        For external use only.

Comment

Mine just mysteriously popped up a few hours ago. Its helpful to some extent but bah who cares......
          Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
            Well, you can put it in with the K Menu Editor manually.
            If you don't feel like switching back and forth between computers/environments, here's the list:
            First entry, named "Wine File", command "winefile".
            Second, "Wine Help Browser", command "winhelp".
            Third, "Wine Notepad", "notepad".
            Fourth, "Wine Regedit", "regedit".
            Fifth and last, I don't know what the name was, but the command is "winecfg".
            I know those entries and have them. What I'm talking about is a WINE-folder, where all Windows-apps, that are installed in Wine, are listed. So if I install a Windows game, it automatically shows up in KMenu in a folder called "WINE".

Comment

Ohhhh. No, I don't think Wine does something like that.
              In my case, programs that would put a shortcut in the Start menu end up in a lost & found submenu and have to be moved manually. No idea why.
              For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
                In my case, programs that would put a shortcut in the Start menu end up in a lost & found submenu and have to be moved manually.
                I thought so too but mine came up automatically after installing Overlord the game. Maybe you have to have a certain number of installs before it shows up in Kmenu. Mine showed as as Wine...
                Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Since I have the menu appear in KDE4, it should also appear in KDE3. It's a WINE-feature anyway.

Well, it seems the problem is very elusive. Thanks for your help, all of you.

Comment

Working...
                  X