This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound

Since i made the switch to kubuntu from ubuntu i have been unable to play any sound.

Aplay -l lists my soundcards and kmix and alsa mix show it isn't muted.

I vaguely remember having a problem with ubuntu where my soundcard had 3 different devices to choose from. I had to switch it to make sound work. Not sure if this is the case this time, if it is i have no idea what to do.

Any suggestions?

Re: No Sound

Laptop or desktop PC?

An easy 'test' is to restart (reboot) and when presented the Grub menu, hit esc and type noapic as as a boot option. See if that has any affect on getting sound.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Its a desktop. It has a built in sound card on the mobo and then an audigy sound card which is what i use. Im gonna try the noapic now.

Edit: Didn't solve the problem. Any more suggestions?

Edit 2: I found the problem, turns out it was outputing to digital instead of analogue.

Comment

Originally posted by marcboy
        Edit 2: I found the problem, turns out it was outputing to digital instead of analogue.
        Don't you just get a personal thrill when you figure out the problem on your own? Glad you got it solved.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X