This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extract .img file

k3b will burn my img files fine however I would like to convert from pal to ntsc before I burn and lately I have to use 2 dvd's 1 to burn it then copy it to my computer then transcode it then reburn. Anyway to save a dvd and just extract it(free option as im poor)

Re: extract .img file

Either invest in DVD-RWs or install ffmpeg (it's in the repos, search in Adept). (If going with ffmpeg, read the man page. It's a rather complicated tool (but not that hard to use).)
    For external use only.

Comment

i'm using a livecd right now, so i can't really check it out, but you might try kiso or isomaster, one of them might support img file extraction.
      <br />

Comment

I just tryed kiso it worked on the one I had now when I changed .img to .iso. I tryed that with another program awhile ago and it didn't work for that file so I may have gotten lucky on that one. I'll check out the other program you mentioned thanks for your help

Comment

no problem. hope one of them works for you. if one of them doesn't work with img files, why not just covert the img files to iso files and extract them that way?

some other image managers/converters one might find useful are:
          acetoneiso2
          b5i2iso
          bchunk
          ccd2iso
          cdi2iso
          mdf2iso
          nrg2iso
          pdi2iso
          <br />

Comment

Working...