X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kweather command

does anyone know the command to get kweather to work

I have it installed and I added it to the kmenu/internet but i do not know what command to enter to get it to work.

Re: kweather command

If it is in your K Menu, then when you click it, it should put an icon in your System Tray (down near you clock). Right-click that icon and select configuration. You have to set it up in order for it to run.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i added it to the kmenu and when clicked it is not on the tray

Comment

when i click it ..............it loads at the task bar trying to open app but after 30 seconds it stops and goes away

Comment

kweather is a applet. the only way to install it to panel or kicker is right click panel choose add applet a window will come up scroll through that window till you come to kweather click on it than click add to panel
          Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

got it thanks

Comment

Once it's on the panel you have to right click on it to configure.

I thought we did this already......ah well.enjoy
              ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

I might as well open the door and look out,
                heck this is useless to an American, I can only understand the time, lol

Attached Files

Comment

Well if Kweather is metric then so is the rest of your system.

GOTO>>kmenu>>systemsettings>>regional and language>>other tab.

Make the necessary changes and restart.
                  ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Celsius, Pascals, and kilometers per hour. Don't have a clue either, born 'n raised in the US. We should've switched a long time ago...
                    For external use only.

Comment

OK, here's what an American needs to know:

0 degrees C = 32 degrees F = the freezing point for water (comfortable in Anchorage or Minneapolis)
                      25 degrees C == comfortable room temperature in Ohio
                      40 degrees C = Phoenix in July == too hot to be outdoors!
                      100 degrees C == 212 degrees F == boiling point of water and HOT!

Comment

Well if Kweather is metric then so is the rest of your system.
                        GOTO>>kmenu>>systemsettings>>regional and language>>other tab.

Thanks, I would have never figured this out, I can now understand it.

Comment

Working...
                        X