This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox update breaks adblock

Todays firefox update broke adblock plus. I can no longer block ads. The sole reason i use firefox is because i can efficiently kill ads, i can no longer do that. What can i do.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)

Re: Firefox update breaks adblock

Use Konqueror more often, and leave Firefox for the sites Konqueror can't open?

Comment

Originally posted by raffytaffy
      Todays firefox update broke adblock plus
      The easiest would be to downgrade "Firefox" (e.g. by means of Synaptic) and wait for an update of "Adblock" ...

Comment

It broke for me as well. I quit firefox, then restarted it and Adblock Plus was back in business.

Comment

It seems to have something to do with the .0.5 version of FF and its handling of add-ons. i have never seen this on my machine and mozilla has just released FF. 2.0.06. which should would, maybe will take care of a few issues.

FF is great and I have grown to to love it. Unfortunately the kubuntu version is a bit well... different.

The ubuntu version runs fine, i guess kubuntu is still regarded as a little child of ubuntu. Maybe ubuntu should do what mint did. Give the kde version over to the developers for the kde vesion, so we don't get the ubuntu (gnome) leftovers and cannot figure out why it works there and not here.

I know this sounds like ranting and maybe it is.

Try opera, it is in the repos.

Cheers
          G

Comment

Working...
          X