This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't use krdc rdp over wireless

i have feisty on 2 systems. wifi works on both/internet works on both. I just moved and had to switch which system uses the wireless connection. Now the system on wifi can't connect to rdp (actually, it connects but kicks out immediately). It worked when hardwired, and the system that is now hardwired can connect no problem.
    any ideas?

Re: Can't use krdc rdp over wireless

A 'guess.'

When you switched which PC uses the wireless connection, did you make setting changes in krdc? Are you sure that you aren't trying to remote into yourself (same PC)?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Good guess, but no, I am trying to connect to my work's terminal from home.

Comment

Okay. Is the PC you are attempting to connect to (work) open to remote connections? Is that PC behind a firewall? Were you able to connect to the work PC with krdc before you switched the PCs?

Comment

it is open, i can connect using my puter that is hardwired to the router, just not from the one using wifi to get to the router.

Comment

But before you switched the PCs, this was not a problem? Were you (before) able to connect to your work PC from either PC

Comment

correct.
              well, the pc that was wireless before i never tried rdp because it is the kids, so i never needed to. only did now because i have to work, and it is working where as my other one is not.

Comment

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble 'picturing' the two schemes you are describing.

Before switch:
                System A - wired (krdc worked to connect to work PC)
                System B - wireless (kids PC - never tested krdc on this PC)

After switch:
                What is the configuration of both now? I'm confused because you said you switched them, but your last post said that you are using the kids PC to connect 'and it works' but the wired one, which you used before to connect with krdc, now does not? Is that correct?

Comment

sorry, Before switch is correct

<b>After Switch:</b>
                  System A - wireless (my pc) krdc kicks as soon as the terminal pops up
                  System B - wired (kids pc) krdc works fine

Comment

Okay. So what you have, are two PCs, one of which is connected via wireless and the other via hard connection. Both are connecting to the Internet via your wireless capable router. All you did was switch how each PC connected to the router. Each PC demonstrates that it is capable of connecting to your work PC via krdc. In both cases, the krdc 'working' scenario is one where the PC you are using to connect to work is using a wired connection as apposed to a wireless connection. So far, is this all correct?

Comment

yes sir.

Comment

Okay. At least we know that both PCs are innocent - both can be used to connect via krdc, as long as they are connected to the router via wire. So the problem appears to be with using krdc in a wireless environment. That may point to a configuration setting on your router, or it could be something at your work PCs end of things.

At this point, I'll have to bow out, as I don't have any other suggestions (at this time) that would be of help. I will suggest that you search through the forum, as I'm sure that there are posts where other have had questions/problems with krdc and wireless.

Best of luck. If you do get this figured out, it will benefit others if you post the fix.

Comment

my thought was the router config too.
                          anyone know what port/tcp/udp i should open? or any other thoughts?

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                            X