Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem launching the debugger in Eclipse...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem launching the debugger in Eclipse...

Hi all,

I've read a lot on the net to find an answer to this question but there is nothing that solved my problem...!

Everytime I launch the debugger in Eclipse I get this message :

Code:
    ERROR: FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113)
    transport error 202: connect failed: Connection timed out ["transport.c",L41]
    ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510) ["debugInit.c",L500]
    JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports initialized
    It's a standalone application and I'm not using any server.

If anybody has a solution, I'd be greatly thankful!

Peter

Re: Problem launching the debugger in Eclipse...

How did you obtain install this program? Eclipse is an installable package from within Adept, but there is also an Eclipse for Linux at:
    http://www.eclipse.org/
    I have no way of knowing if both are the same.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I installed it with Adept.

But I have another problem with NetBeans 5.5.1 this time. This one was also installed with Adept, but when I try to install the C/C++ Pack using the command ./netbeans-c++-5_5_1-linux.bin the installation launch but is unable to find the JVM! Weird because Eclipse can run my program without problem except for the debug...!

I don't know if their could be a connection with the two problems?!

I've heard that it could be better to install Eclipse outside of Adept? Do I have to uninstall the one I have now to do this, because I have a lot of projects and packages in their?

Thanks again,

Peter

Comment

It is usually better to install from the repositories, because it is supported much better, it is easier to install/uninstall, and you get automatic upgrades.

In order to install the one in the repos, you don't have to uninstall Eclipse, but it would be highly recommended. You probably won't lose any data you have, but you would be wise to back it up (it's probably ~/.eclipse).
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X