X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok not playing audio/video files

hello fellow users,
    I am a new user of Kubuntu. I am using it from LiveCD.
    I tried playing mpg/wmv video files stored on pen drive by clicking on the particular file.
    On clicking the file, Amarok got launched, However, it didn't play the selected file.
    Is this because I am running Kubuntu from LiveCD or I am trying to play files stored on pen drive or is it because of something esle?

Please help
    Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Re: amarok not playing audio/video files

Well, Amorok is an audio player, not a video player. If you want to watch video files, click K Menu | Multimedia and select Kaffeine (the KDE Video Player). You may still end up not being able to play the files, if proprietary codecs are required, but, that is a fixable situation.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Its is very embarrassing to know that Amarok is an audio player and not video player In any case, I tried to play files on Kaffeine but couldn't do so!
      Snowhog, you say this is a fixable situation... can you help?
      Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

It is not fixable using a live CD, you will need to install additional codecs/software.

Comment

ok! will try once I install

Comment

Once you have Kubuntu installed, take a look at my post here on how I got DVDs to play in Kaffeine.

What you will discover, is that certain video formats require 'codecs' that can not be included in mainstream distributions, due to licensing/copyright issues. But, those codecs can be gotten, and installed, so that Kafeine will play them.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X