X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok not playing audio/video files

hello fellow users,
    I am a new user of Kubuntu. I am using it from LiveCD.
    I tried playing mpg/wmv video files stored on pen drive by clicking on the particular file.
    On clicking the file, Amarok got launched, However, it didn't play the selected file.
    Is this because I am running Kubuntu from LiveCD or I am trying to play files stored on pen drive or is it because of something esle?

Please help
    Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Re: amarok not playing audio/video files

Well, Amorok is an audio player, not a video player. If you want to watch video files, click K Menu | Multimedia and select Kaffeine (the KDE Video Player). You may still end up not being able to play the files, if proprietary codecs are required, but, that is a fixable situation.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Its is very embarrassing to know that Amarok is an audio player and not video player In any case, I tried to play files on Kaffeine but couldn't do so!
      Snowhog, you say this is a fixable situation... can you help?
      Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

It is not fixable using a live CD, you will need to install additional codecs/software.

Comment

ok! will try once I install

Comment

Once you have Kubuntu installed, take a look at my post here on how I got DVDs to play in Kaffeine.

What you will discover, is that certain video formats require 'codecs' that can not be included in mainstream distributions, due to licensing/copyright issues. But, those codecs can be gotten, and installed, so that Kafeine will play them.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X