This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker without panel

I'd like to replace the kicker panel with ksmoothdock, however the kmenu is depenant on kicker, so I can't just kill it. Is there a way to run kicker without showing the panel? (not hidden, I want it gone) Or, find some way of displaying the kmenu without kicker.

Re: Kicker without panel

Kicker provides the panel. One might say they are one and the same. I suppose you could remove everything but the K Menu button, then set the size and placement.

You might try making it always be hidden, no matter what, and set a button on KSmoothDock to perform a DCOP call to show the K Menu...

EDIT: Deciphering DCOP commands is hell and nobody ever documents them, so I did a little source-diving. The command to show the K Menu would be "dcop kicker kicker showKMenu". It pops up above the K Menu button, so if it's hidden, it's on the bottom of your screen.
    For external use only.

Comment

Re: Kicker without panel

Well I have used ksmoothdock in the past. I am not exactly sure what you want to do but If I remember you can edit all the of the apps on the panel (dock) including the kicker.
      You can change the icon or the kicker (like tasty kicker which I prefer). You will find ksmoothdock in adept/synaptic.

I hope that helps

Cheers
      Fintan
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X