This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Applications [Solved]

I can't get links in Thunderbird to open in Firefox. They open in Konquerer instead. I've set default applications in System Settings>Default Applications. I've tried KControl>KDE Components>File Associations>Text>HTML set to Firefox. I've tried editing the prefs.js file in both Firefox and Thunderbird. (nothing in there about default apps) None of these methods are effective.
    Any ideas? Thx.

Re: Default Applications

http://www.penguin.ch/dokuwiki/doku....family_affairs

Comment

Originally posted by ebtech
      I can't get links in Thunderbird to open in Firefox. They open in Konquerer instead. I've set default applications in System Settings>Default Applications. I've tried KControl>KDE Components>File Associations>Text>HTML set to Firefox. I've tried editing the prefs.js file in both Firefox and Thunderbird. (nothing in there about default apps) None of these methods are effective.
      Any ideas? Thx.
      Editting pref.js should work (if you entered the proper syntax). Personally, I don't like Konqueror as a web browser so I just make a global change (via the Konsole):
      Code:
      sudo update-alternatives --set x-www-browser <path/to/firefox>
      The </path/to/firefox> is probably /usr/bin/firefox but you want to double check that before typing the command.

Hope that helps!

Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Comment

@unicornrider
        Your suggestion and link provided worked like a charm. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X