This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Errors

I was getting an update error using adept...Unable to commit because it would break packages.
    So I read around some forums and rans:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade -f
    I get this error now and can't find any help...
    Preparing to replace lftp 3.5.6-1build1 (using .../lftp_3.5.11-1~feisty1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement lftp ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libstreams0_0.5.1svn20070712-0ubuntu4~feisty1_i386.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libstreamanalyzer0_0.5.1svn20070712-0ubuntu4~feisty1_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Help please.

Re: Update Errors

If you open up Konsole and say "sudo apt-get update" and "sudo apt-get upgrade", what happens?
    For external use only.

Comment

the update runs fine. Upgrade gives me the error I posted above.

Comment

Code:
        sudo dpkg --configure --pending

Comment

looks like it's the kde4libs i tried to install to get a preview of kde4...just gonna get rid of 'em, going to have to wait for Kubuntu 8.10 for kde4 to be preinstalled it looks like.

Comment

Hopefully we'll only be waiting for 7.10--8.10, barring any delays, will be released October 2008.
            For external use only.

Comment

from what I've read, KDE4 will be out in oct, the kubuntu guys will release a deb when it's available (since it will be after gutsy is out). and 8.04 is supposed to be an LTS, so no KDE4 as the tech will be too new for an LTS release, so, that leaves 8.10 for default install. i am really looking for ward to the kwin with 3d acceleration built in
              and, i am hoping for a really tight tie in between phonon and gstreamer (actually, i'd rather see them use gstreamer as the base for phonon since i think gstreamer will become the standard anyway)

Comment

Working...
              X