This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booting error

I currently had installed Feisty Fawn but i formatted the parttion cause i was going to use ubuntustudios but when i formatted than restarted it gave me this

GRUB Lading stage1.5

GRUB loading, please wait
    Error 15

the only thing that i know that works to get rid of this screen is CTRL - ALT - DEl i cant skip this or anything just restart ive tried changing my boot settings from the disk to my installation disks but nothing will boot (both windows and linux) i have windows already installed on the PC and its partition was not affected when i formatted

plz help

Re: Booting error

What / how - exactly - are you trying to boot?

From the according section of the GRUB manual:

15 : File not found
    This error is returned if the specified file name cannot be found,
    but everything else (like the disk/partition info) is OK.

Comment

I also have this same issue: I just installed Kubuntu Feisty 7.04 on my HP dv4000 us notebook.

I formatted from Ubuntu Feisty (told the installer to use the Guided method and use the whole disk).

I noticed that during the Live CD boot there were some interesting messages, like 'intel_rng: FWH not detected'; but I don't know if it has anything to do with this.

During the install I noticed that there was a delay during the 'Configuring Hardware' stage.

I carried out the CD check for integrity and it seemed OK and I tried installing twice, just in case... but I received the same GRUB error 15.

p.s. Can a mod move this thread to Installation and Boot?

Anyone's got a similar problem and a solution to this?

Comment

htmlrules

If you are going to re-install Kubuntu, do so. (You implied it was installed, but then you re-formatted that partition, which would wipe out Kubuntu). The installer will put GRUB back (and set up the Master Boot Record-MBR) so you can boot both Windows and Kubuntu.

If you are not going to re-install Kubuntu, use your Windows CD to restore the MBR so Windows will boot.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I found out what was wrong with my installation:

The mount point for the main partition was /media/sba1 - there was no partition with a mount point for /

Perhaps it was an installer bug? The solution was to manually modify the partitions and specify the correct mount points (the guided method was flawed).

Comment

Working...
          X