This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4 Alpha 2

kdebase-workspace seems to have a conflict with kde4base. I cannot install kdebase-workspace with kde4base installed and I cannot install it without kde4base installed.

Comment

I'd let someone know about that.
      In the meantime, it's possible to force an impossible situation. Reading some man pages, I think "dpkg -i --force-conflicts [deb]" will install the package, ignoring conflicts. (You should probably read the man pages yourself. Try dpkg(1), apt-get(8), or others.)
      For external use only.

Comment

Could someone show me their 4 export lines that theyre using. I got it working on Alpha 1 but 2 seems to be a problem. Thankss
        Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzard
          something new? KDE 4 is working on my machine, but I cannot do anything, cause there are only 2 big bubbles with the text on the taskbar "This object could not be created". What now?
          Yes, I get the same. I also get this when running from a 3.5.7 konsole :-

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/lib
          $ export KDEDIRS=/usr/lib/kde4
          $ export PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/bin/:$PATH
          $ export KDEHOME=~/.kde4
          $
          $ kmail
          kmail: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/kde4/lib/libkdepim.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZTI18KStaticDeleterBa se

I see that we don't yet have the same version packages for kde4 :-( I can only see kde4pim 3.92.0 but kdelibs5 3.93.0 ... so I guess we need a later version of kde4pim ( at least ).

Comment

Originally posted by plord
            Originally posted by Wizzard
            something new? KDE 4 is working on my machine, but I cannot do anything, cause there are only 2 big bubbles with the text on the taskbar "This object could not be created". What now?
            Yes, I get the same.
            I finally got Beta 2 to install, and I get the very same.

Beta 1 and 2 are extremely buggy, even the simple things like the Selection Lasso are awry. I would expect this from a new project, or one in a _very_early_ pre alpha stage, but not from a second Beta release. I love KDE more than any other DE, but it looks like KDE4 was just blindly thrown together.

Comment

Working...
            X