X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4 Alpha 2

For rog:
    $ dpkg -S /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/kdm/sessions/kde.desktop
    dpkg: /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/kdm/sessions/kde.desktop nicht gefunden. (not found)

Yep, kde4base-data is preasant.

@kubucle: Thank you. I think either i am blind and missed that or.....
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
      For rog:
      dpkg: /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/kdm/sessions/kde.desktop nicht gefunden. (not found)

Yep, kde4base-data is preasant.
      Originally posted by kubicle
      As described in the release notes, you need to install 'kdebase-workspace' (this has changed since beta 1)

Comment

OK, thanks Rog131. Was a bit confused by the contradicting messages in the announcement:
        Packages for 7.04 are currently being compiled and will appear in feisty-backports soon.
        The packages are in feisty-backports,
        Anyways, it is worth waiting for

Comment

There's still currently a "bug" with the packages. Installing kdebase-workspace doesn't install kde4base, which it should depend on.

I guess there's a reason why we didn't officially announce the Kubuntu packages just yet.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

For kubuncle;
            Thanks that worked. will be playing a bit now
            HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
              There's still currently a "bug" with the packages. Installing kdebase-workspace doesn't install kde4base, which it should depend on.

I guess there's a reason why we didn't officially announce the Kubuntu packages just yet.
              Could be :P

Although the files in question are now actually in kdebase-workspace-data (which is a dependency of kdebase-workspace):
              Code:
              kdebase-workspace-data: /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/kdm/sessions/kde.desktop
              (so if you install kde4base-dev and kdebase-workspace you should get a functional KDE4 (or you might not, haven't tried it yet)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
                Although the files in question are now actually in kdebase-workspace-data (which is a dependency of kdebase-workspace):
                Code:
                kdebase-workspace-data: /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/kdm/sessions/kde.desktop
                (so if you install kde4base-dev and kdebase-workspace you should get a functional KDE4 (or you might not, haven't tried it yet)
                Yes. Although the problem is that kdebase-workspace should depend on kde4base and install it, otherwise you don't get apps like dolphin and konsole. However, it currently doesn't. Riddell is fixing that right now.

So basically, install kdebase-workspace and kde4base for now, which the announcement page doesn't tell you.
                Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Im getting an error after updating some packages for KDE4 from repos. I get "Could not start Kstartupconfig". Any ideas?
                  Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Originally posted by b0uncyfr0
                    Im getting an error after updating some packages for KDE4 from repos. I get "Could not start Kstartupconfig". Any ideas?
                    Me too.

Comment

If "kstartupconfig" is a command, what happens when you execute it?
                      For external use only.

Comment

In kde3.5.7, type in the terminal, nothing happened. No idea about kde4.

Comment

Originally posted by benjaminzsj
                          In kde3.5.7, type in the terminal, nothing happened. No idea about kde4.
                          Same Here. Could this be a bug already?
                          Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

Just found out that beta2 is different, we're supposed to install "kdebase-workspace", but this package is not available yet.

Comment

something new? KDE 4 is working on my machine, but I cannot do anything, cause there are only 2 big bubbles with the text on the taskbar "This object could not be created". What now?

Comment

Hi Wizzard
                                I seem to have struck the same problem, only way to do anything is command line, but that is all very new to me :-)
                                Will wait till i see more info on this
                                Intel DG41TY Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz 3.9 GiB of RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X