This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with Desktop please

Hope you will all be kind to a 63 year old new user! I would like the clock magick and the liquid-weather widgets to be installed on my desktop. I have installed Superkaramba programme in order to enable this. However, although it says the clock is there I can't see it, and dowloading the liquid weather prog doesn't appear to do anything so I am obviously missing doing something! Can someone please try and talk my through installing both onto my desktop, as I feel that they would be really useful. Can I also ask that if you do give me instructions, you don't get too technical and keep it simple?? Please?
    I will be eternally grateful as I love eveything about FF Kubuntu, and I am now trying to just tweak it for myself.

Thanks TG

Re: Help needed with Desktop please

Well, I'm 66, so hang in there youngster.

The clock thing shows on your desktop, but I can't figure out how to move it to a better position. and it seems to just disappear from time to time, So I removed it.

The weather thing has to be downloaded, then installed by clicking on "Open Local theme" and navigating to wherever you downloaded it to, then installing it, Then click on "Add to Desktop". I don't use it because i don't live anywhere near the places it shows the weather for, and I don't know how to get it to show the local weather. I play around with some of the SuperKaramba themes once in awhile, but mostly they don't seem to do what i want them to.

I don't know where you live, I'm guessing not in the US based on your spelling, but I just made a bookmark to the local weather from NOAA and that gives me my local weather.

For example:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...te=CO&site=BOU

If your goal is an analog clock, you can merely change the clock in the panel by right clicking on the time, and clicking on configure clock.

Comment

Re: Help needed with Desktop please

To configure liquid weather to show your cities weather do this:
      right click on the weather widget (that is what the little weather screen is called) go to configure design (or something to that effect, mine is in German) click on that and you will have a panel with different tabs letting you change location, appearance, etc.

To download the waether widget:
      http://liquidweather.net/downloads.php

To move a widget right click on the widget and click on toggle position (again something like that) it should be the second line from the top. Then you can move it around to a place you like. Clicking on the toggle line again will lock in that position.

I don't know why your clock "seems to disappear" from time to time. In doubt try other ones.

i hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
      Fintan
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X