This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tivo software...

sorry...was going by the wiki which stopped dead in its tracks after it tells you to install the geole file.

ok, I am installing the Freevo file and it is asking me some questions that I am not sure how to answer:

Video output: (Not sure)

Choose the resolution to display Freevo at: (I'm guessing 800x600 is fine)

Please choose your TV standard: (It says to go with ntsc)

Channel List: (Not sure)

Comment

At this point, you are going to have to 'read the manual' for the program as to the settings you will need to provide.

I wish you the best. Now that you have gotten the program installed, you can start asking questions about it in the forum. I'm sure there are those out there who can provide assistance, as I have no experience with the program.

Have fun, and don't give up! 8)
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

One last:

If you have not yet, then, read through the Wiki on Freevo:
        http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc

Read first, start making adjustments second - after you understand what is being asked of you. I have a saying:

"It takes less time to take the time to do it right the first time, than it does to fix it the second time."

Comment

great...thanks for the help...hopefully we'll get the sound issue figured out by the time I get freevo set up

Comment

Glad to have been able to provide some assistance. Hopefully some of it was of value to you.

Comment

Something I recently discovered about TiVo is that it has a built-in web server that can be accessed via your LAN (provided of course your TiVo is connected to the LAN). It shows a web page from which you can browse and download videos to your PC.

The URL would be the IP address of the TiVo box, something like this:

https://192.168.1.121/nowplaying/index.html

You should be prompted for a login. Use 'tivo' as the user and your TiVo media access key (MAK) as the password. If you don't know it find your MAK by going to TiVo Central on your TiVo box. From TiVo Central choose Messages & Settings then Account & System Information to open the Account & System Information menu on your TV screen. Choose Media Access Key to view your Media Access Key. The 10-digit number is your MAK.

Once you log in you should see a page listing what you'd see when you look at the Now Playing screen. Clicking download allows you to transfer the .TiVo file to your PC. You'll be prompted a second time to login. Use 'tivo' and your MAK again.

When it has transferred you are left with a .TiVo file. A .TiVo file is just an encoded MPEG file. You can use tivodecode to convert the .TiVo file to an .mpg file and watch it with just about any video player.

Now, if someone can find me a decent Linux-based video editor I'd be a happy man...

Comment

"sudo apt-get install kino"?
                For external use only.

Comment

Working...
                X