This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home folder and other folders want open with wine

Heeeeeeeelp! I am really tired to now to have the 5th time to reinstall kubuntu,
    don`t no what anymore to do?
    Can`t open my folders anymore, I click on them to open them then it starts with wine to try to open them, this is crazy.
    Then I uninstalled wine, and now an error message saying that it can`t be opened.
    Help! Can`t open no home folder, no desktop no nothing anymore, then reinstalled wine,
    and again it try`s only to open with wine, and then nothing is happen, I don`t no what is going on, I never had with any other distro such a problem.
    I don`t no how to fix it even, I am a noob in all this.

Re: home folder and other folders want open with wine

There you go

[Alt][F2] kcontrol >> KDE Components | File Associations | inode | directory

and make sure that Konqueror is being mentioned at top of the list presented.

Comment

Originally posted by ilanesh1
      I am really tired to now to have the 5th time to reinstall kubuntu,

I am a noob in all this.
      Ahhh, but getting so much practice, you'll soon be an EXPERT!

Comment

Hi, thank you for the very fast response, I did it exactly as you wrote me,
        but then there are so many things to configure, from there I don`t no what to do again, and from where and what to change?
        still when i want to open my home folder where are all my photos, software etc is in, again it shows up "wine windows emulator" and try`s to open my home folder, what has my home folder to do with wine emulator? all is now gone what i saved in my home folder? also when opne cd or flashdrive it will not anymore open the folder, cause wine windows emulator comes in to the picture, this is too much for me, I don`t no what is happen, I cannot do anything when I can`t open my folders anymore, help please.

Comment

KControl > KDE Components > File Associations > inode > directory. Under "Application Preference Order", there should be exactly one thing, Konqueror. Hitting Edit and looking at Application > Command, it should contain this: "kfmclient openURL %u inode/directory".
          For external use only.

Comment

shee etin, thank you so much for your fast help. I have my folders back opening normal again, thank you, I don`t need to reinstall again. When it would aks me "open with" I typed in " konqueror" and saved it and now all is back normal again.
            Wow am so happy.

Comment

Don't thank me, I just repeated what UR said.
              For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
                I just repeated what UR said
                And nobody has realized it - except for you an me

Comment

Working...
                X