This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto run an app when boot up

I am using Gnome desktop, for unknown reason the file manager thing auto run every time the system boots up, I didn't do anything and don't know how to make this happen, can anyone help thanks !
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Auto run an app when boot up

The most logical reason, is that at some point, the file manager was running when you did a shut down of the system.

You should just have to 'close' the application before you do a shut down to prevent it from running on boot up.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes I simply push the power button to shutdown, and let the system to close running apps that's how I do with previous version, you reminded me that I did chose to save session when shutdown, but I cancel save later so the system still remember what I saved last which is the file manage, so now I will manually close everything and save session to shutdown, then reboot and not to save session to shutdown again, then nothing will start (except system services) in next reboot, right ?

Comment

Yeah, that's not the best way to shut down. Even though it does do a clean shutdown, you should still go to K Menu > Log out... > Turn off. Otherwise, it skips KDE's shutdown procedure and just shuts the system down. KDE doesn't really get a chance to clean up properly.
        For external use only.

Comment

I switched to Gnome, close all running apps which I started, go to session and save current session, reboot and nothing auto run again.

Comment

Working...
          X