This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification of Updates

Hi all. I am running Kubuntu Feisty. I've been using Kubuntu for about six months, and I love it. My problem is, I did SOMETHING to the programs that run at start up and I am no longer notified of updates. I have to manually search for updates. Any clues as to what I can do to get my automatic updates back? By the way, I checked out my update options and I do have daily picked and automatically download and install updates. I don't think it's doing either, though. Thank you!

Re: Notification of Updates

When you first have your desktop loaded, do you see the green ball tray? It should be visible for a few seconds, and then, if no updates are available, it disappears.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What happens when you issue

Code:
      adept_notifier
      to a console (read: manually)?

Comment

There is never a green ball. I remember there use to be.

Comment

Thank you. I ran adept-notifier and it told me that I turned it off and asked me if I wanted to re-enable it. Thank you, thank you. I knew it had to be something simple.

Comment

Re: Notification of Updates (grrrrrrr)

I thought everything was ok. I restarted Kubuntu, and once again, there was no notifier. I ran adept_notifier again, and I got the same message. It says that I disabled it, would I like to re-enable it. Maybe if I do it 100 more times it will catch....

Comment

Hmmm ... in ~/.kde/share/config/adept_notifierrc, manually change Autostart to true, then try again ...

Comment

Working...
              X