This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE/Konqueror 3.5.7 stability

hi. is KDE 3.5.7 considered officially stable (i forgot where i got the pacakges).

reason i ask is i can fairly routinely bring down kde just by clicking links on a few sites - try clikcing to forum topics off of the main page at elitetrader.com. it can bring down all of kde pretty routinely.

Re: KDE/Konqueror 3.5.7 stability

Yes, KDE 3.5.7 is officially considered stable and is running on two of my boxes without any problems at all since right after Kubuntu packages became available.

Comment

When I installed KDE 3.5.7 my device icons: "mounted hard disk volume" disappeared from the desktop...??!??

Hmm, but I just found this workaround: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3083788.0
      Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
      CV and gallery at grn.dk
      Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

thanks to you both for the feedback. good to know it can be stable. and, i implemented the fix in the thread above (even tho that's not quite the issue i was having).

it's wierd i've been a believe for years and still am and will be. but the last week or two this system has been so unstable. just when i came down to check this pc for the first time since i made the OP, there was a process running klash that was taking 81% of memory (of 1GB) and the box was paging or swapping like crazy. i've had linux boexes in the basement run over 500 days churning on programs and never go down (hooked to ups'). and yet the last couple weeks konqueror bringing down all of kde over a dozen times, klash taking over all the memory, etc.

i had left several browser sessions open over night, on both mozilla and konquerer. and had been running netbeans but closed it last night. also open in the system tray are kget, amarok, korganizer, and knotes.

any other suggestions let me know otherwise my next experiment is to see what happens if the perhaps overkill of reverting to 3.5.6 is taken.

thanks, gt.

Comment

Working...
        X