This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems booting liveCD

I just burned a liveCD of Kubuntu Feisty and Im having trouble booting it. I have a Dell 4600i series desktop. When the dell logo pops up, i hit F12, and it gives me some boot options. I then click on IDE Drive CD_ROM and the screen goes black, but then it continues to load Windows. Can anyone plz tell me why this is happening or how I can fix it? THANKS!

Re: Problems booting liveCD

Is the bootorder right? Make sure it doesn't boot the Hard Drive before it boots the CD Rom.

HTH,
    -LostOverThere

Comment

Originally posted by LostOverThere
      Is the bootorder right? Make sure it doesn't boot the Hard Drive before it boots the CD Rom.

HTH,
      -LostOverThere
      How do I change the bootorder?

Comment

Originally posted by killroy

HTH,
        -LostOverThere

Its different in every BIOS, in mine you use the + and - buttons to determin the boot order, obviously the top one on the list would be first.

Comment

Originally posted by killroy

HTH,
          -LostOverThere

Its different in every BIOS, in mine you use the + and - buttons to determin the boot order, obviously the top one on the list would be first.
          I changed the bootorder, but it still wont boot from my liveCD.

Comment

You don't have multiple CD drives, and you're picking the wrong one by mistake?

If not, what happens if you don't choose something, and just let it boot (with the CD in the drive)?
            For external use only.

Comment

hi i alos changed my boot order and for soem reason it didint seem to bother cheking the CD at all, so i cahnged the bios, so that boot options 1,2 and 3 were all cd boot (you can always change back later) and well one of them obviously wroked as it booted straight off. also as daft as it sounds, make sure you save your settings before you exit bios- it happens!

Comment

Working...
              X