X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hibernate not working on T60

Hey,

I got a Lenovo/IBM T60 notebook with Kubutnu 7.04 installed on. Everything works fine except some hibernate issues. This makes me anxious in fixing it since often I need hibernation. Detailed hardware info (generated with lshw) can be found here.

So the situation is, when I go Hibernate, the system sometimes hibernates, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried with HIBERNATE_MODE=platform and HIBERNATE_MODE=shutdown with the later one sometimes it works, with the first one almost never. What it does is, it goes out Xorg, then it shows the Unlock dialog of KDE, it tries again but it goes back to kde's lockscreen dialog. And that's all.

And when it works, often when I go back from hibernation I get no sound, which is as far as I could find solved issue (and reported bug). However, for now I need functionable hibernation

Using Linux:2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Thu Jun 7 20:19:32 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance

Re: Hibernate not working on T60

I have an old t-21 that won't come out of hibernate mode. I don't even know what keys to use to try to bring it out. I have tried all the fnc keys and nothing.

EDIT:
    I got the laptop back up again. Had to boot to a recovery kernel, did startx and nothing so rebooted again and X came back.

So now my question is, how do you disable hibernate/sleep/suspend?
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Re: Hibernate not working on T60

First thing to check, to hibernate you need sufficient swap space as that's where your memory is going to be stored.
      Second remark, on my computer it's the power button that will bring it back out of hibernation.

Comment

Working...
      X