This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Adept Installer~

I was attempting to install a program (I believe it was common-ground or something like that) that allowed proprietary formats to be played on my desktop or something similar...and the install didn't finish because it said that it would have interfered with another process.

At that point adept terminated and since then I haven't been able to restart it because it thinks another adept window is still open (it's not) and asks me to close that non-existent window before restarting it. This occurred even after I've restarted the computer multiple times.

Is there a way I can remove/reinstall adept? Every attempt I've made at finding it online has caused it to load up as a binary file in kate...

My desktop is less than a week old, so my experience with Kubuntu is quite lacking...any suggestions or recommendations?

Re: Trouble with Adept Installer~

You don't need to remove it, tempting as that notion may be ...

Open a Konsole window and enter
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    Then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    and you should be good to go. More than a few Kubuntu users have thrown in the towel on Adept and installed Synaptic to use as their package manager. That can be done either by using Adept to select it for installation, or opening the Konsole and entering
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    Personally, once I memorized that first command I gave you above, Adept hasn't been a cause of trouble on my system.

Comment

Re: Trouble with Adept Installer~

Or maybe http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=14042.0.
      For external use only.

Comment

Working...
      X