This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD OR USB

Hello everyone I have somewhat of the problem. First of all I am new to linux and my problem is probably easy to solve but... Welll my problem is as follows, when i put a cd is the cd-rom slot the window comes up asking me what I want to do, and i press open in new window. so far so good but then second window pops up asking me to open this cd with what. how can I fix this and what should I open this cd with? thanks so much in advance

PS. cd contains books and music.

Re: CD OR USB

It really depends on what you want to do. You can just chose "open" if you want to manually launch the files, or you can chose to play the audio files with Amarok or with Kaffeine.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Well I click open and then the next window comes up asking me to OPEN THESE FILES WITH? and that's my problem, I don't know with what should I open them, and files on the CD are bunch a books. thankss

Comment

In what format?

The file extension will be enough to tell. Just mount the CD, go to it in Konqueror (probably /media/cdrom), and post the file extension.
        For external use only.

Comment

You gave me an idea, i used firefox to open it and it works thank you soo muchhhh

Comment

Working...
          X