This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torrents

Have set up Azureus in Kubuntu7.04 but torrents fail (I saw an error message somewhere saying FAIL: and something about a parent directory but cant find it again) .......... TCP port is set correctly and the UDP port has the same number.......is that correct? Everything looks ready to go in Azureus but it tries and says fail

is there a step by step guide somewhere or a helping hand maybe?
    Still very much new to all this and not sure even how or where to create folders to save stuff in

Re: Torrents

I knocked about in Azureus for a bit but every time i left the PC alone it would just disappear/die, i would suggest checking out bittornado instead as this seems more stable!
    Using:<br />Mint Kubuntu 7.10 (kde4 dual core 2.2ghz 4gb)<br />Freenas (nx6325 hp laptop)<br />Mint Gnome 7.10 (EEE Pc 4g white 1 gb ram)

Comment

You could also take a look at ktorrent

Ian

Comment

Dude, I like ktorrent so much that even when I am using gdm I still use Ktorrent. It is faster than any other torrent applicantion that I have ever used. I would advice you to use it.

Pookito
        You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
        Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
        Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Only problem with KTorrent is that the DHT code is still pretty buggy and causes crashes.
          I also seem to have a problem with really big torrents: starting/stopping them causes a crash. Don't know if it's just me, though.

Other than that, KTorrent is my favorite Torrent manager.
          For external use only.

Comment

I use Ktorrent also. However; as of the past two weeks, it's been giving me fits. Overloading my router to be exact, no matter how low I put the bandwidth, download slots, global connections, or whatever. It kaputs.

I DID find a strange thing, one guy said this only happens to him when Gaim is running. So I stopped Gaim, and am attempting again.

Anyrate, even though I personally am having a boggle with it, does not make it a bad program, and I DO recommend it.
            Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

another satisfied ktorrent user here; though it does close unexpectedly from time to time when stopping/removing torrents...

Comment

TedNigma, I had the same problem. The cause is that it's opening a whole lot of connections, and they all end up not-quite-closed, as state FIN_WAIT1. According to the netstat man page, this is described as "The socket is closed, and the connection is shutting down", though the connection takes an extremely long time to close.

I downloaded version 2.2rc1 from the web site (newer than the one in the repos), and the problem seems to have gone away.
                For external use only.

Comment

Working...
                X