This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestarter

Running Kbuntu 7.04 and configured my router to allow Azurius to connect on my Linux machine and now Firestarter is showing a continual string of blocked connections on that port and Azurius will no longer load............have uninstalled Azurius on my linux machine and removed it from my allowed games and applications in my router but still Firestarter is showing a continual stream of blocked UDP connections on that port number ...........can someone explain and help please?

Complete newbie with linux

Re: Firestarter

When engaging in file sharing, it must be noted that even if you remove the offending application, it takes quite a while for the various trackers and computers to remove your ip and hash number from their databases. As a result, you'll still get 'pings' from computers that you were connected to in that particular peer network. I've seen it take several days on my end when using bittorrent or other file sharing program before those 'pings' die out. Those 'pings' result from probes from the various connected computers in the 'peer' network. For example, if user bigbluehouse goes offline and we both were in the same 'peer' network, until the tracker updates and the info is distributed, my computer that had bigbluehouse hash no. will continue to ping his IP address for the part(s) of the files that he had. Obviously, when bigbluehouse turns his computer on, even if he removes the program he was downloading or sharing, his router/firewall if he has one will still register pings or requests in that case from me. Of course, the application is offline or the file is no longer there so the router/firewall will log it as a blocked request as the packet requested no longer exists.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Re: Firestarter

Thanks for that Princey...............ya live and learn eh?.........hopefully anyway

Comment

Working...
      X