X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu newbie seeks for HELP

Hi,

I installed Kubuntu 7.04 (32bit) a view day's ago and I start to go crazy about it. The mouse (logitech g5) is gone after a few minutes (aways after I opened some program like e.g firefox or the console) and if the mouse hasn't left me, the whole system has crashed...

I thought about installing ssh to pass the problem to somebody else but I even don't get that far to install it.

So, if somebody has an idea what might went wrong, please answer..

Re: Kubuntu newbie seeks for HELP

What kind of mouse are you using?
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

he said that, logitech g5.
      <br />

Comment

My System:

Mouse: Logitech G5 laser mouse (USB)
        Keyboard: Cherry Keyman 2.6
        Mainboard: Asus P5NSLI, 2 GB DDR 2 RAM
        CPU Intel core2duo E6600 @ 2,4Ghz
        Graphic card: GF 7950GT
        HD: 1x Samsung HD400lj (SATA)

Comment

MaX0815
          This may be your problem also look at my post here

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3084267.0
          Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Oopse, sorry, didn't notice that when I read. There's not much I can say but I've been reading elsewhere and in here that there are problems regarding USB devices in Feisty. Some folks don't get that problem at all (like me) while others do. Try getting a USB to PS2 Adapter and see if that solves the issue. By the way, the bug has been reported. The problem doesn't exist in Dapper or Edgy.
            Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Thx,

saw it a minute ago. So u think that the solution might be to go back to 6.10?

Comment

I would say no. Try a PS/2 mouse or get adapter(USB to PS/2) for your USB . I am sure they are working on getting this fixed.
                Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

PS/2 doesn't work at all. I installed it with that mouse I'm using at the moment. I already tried to reboot using an old PS/2 mouse, but then the mouse doesn't react at all.

That adapter seems to work, but I have to admit that I only have a single one while my keyboard and my mouse are USB...

well, I think they'll get that fixed pretty soon.

Thanx

Comment

Working...
                  X