X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to access to ubuntustudio applications

hi to all^^

i'm new in the kubuntu world...so, please, be patients with me :P

well, once installed kubuntu, i was looking for applications i need for my job/hobbies.
    i'm talking about audio and video editing, and of course graphics.
    so i get access to repositories of ubuntustudio and run some commands from my konsole as suggested here.
    packages have been downloaded withouth problems.

plus, i've installed ubunstustudio launcher with/from adept.

now, the point is: how can i get access to those applications? i mean: how can i launch them?
    no results i had with ubuntustudio launcher...

and: how can i add those applications to Kmenu? (i guess in kmenu\multimedia)

i really need those application.
    any advise? i' counting on you!

thanks in advances

bye

Re: how to access to ubuntustudio applications

Even if you install UbuntuStudio, as far as I know, it's a collection of audio/video editing programs. So, if you look under the multimedia section of Kmenu, you'll see programs like "audacity", "kino", avidemux" and the likes. These are the programs that it installed. The audacity is for audio editing, the other two for video editing. Good luck.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

thx for your reply

Originally posted by Princey
      if you look under the multimedia section of Kmenu, you'll see programs like "audacity", "kino", avidemux" and the likes. These are the programs that it installed.
      well, the point is that no program appears in kmenu/multimedia
      of course, no program among those ones of ubuntustudio.

any solution?

thx and bye

Comment

This is the text from ubuntustudio
        Ubuntu Studio
        Package: ubuntustudiolauncher
        Music applications launcher
        The ubuntustudio script gives you easy access to launch whichever set of applications you use on a regular basis with fewer clicks. It also memorizes the applications that you ran last, so that if you are used to a certain set of applications, you can just click the OK button and have everything come up nicely.
        This was written for Ubuntu Linux, as part of the The Ubuntu Studio Project. It will detect any music studio applications you have installed on your system, as long as they include proper .desktop files.
        Now, if you take a look at adept, you'll notice that in order to have the launcher work, you must install the other packages (would attach a screenshot but the darn thing is saying that the upload folder is filled). Did you?
        Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Working...
        X