X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP laptop's hotkeys and its actions/commands

Hello everybody.

Can someone explane me how the hotkeys work ?

I have 2 sound cards - the Creative's Xmod (external USB) and the Intel's internal (HDA). The Xmod always gets the zero sound device index and the HDA gets device index No 1. The volume control hotkeys work fine while the Xmod is plugged in, but if I pull it out from the USB port and then press one of Vol Up, VolDown, Mute On/Off - I get the "It seems that KMix is not running" message while the KMix is running. I can control volume using KMix controls, but the hotkeys stop working properly. I suspect that XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioMute try to control unplugged sound card. How can I check that ? How can I change commands executed by XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioMute in a proper way ?

Thank you for your help and explanations in advance. I'm aiming at true hot plug/unplug

Best regards,
    ArtBar

Re: HP laptop's hotkeys and its actions/commands

Hey!!

Am I only who has the problem with laptop's hotkeys ?

And the general question - how do I configure XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioMute actions ?

Regards,
    ArtBar

Originally posted by artbar
    Hello everybody.

Can someone explane me how the hotkeys work ?

I have 2 sound cards - the Creative's Xmod (external USB) and the Intel's internal (HDA). The Xmod always gets the zero sound device index and the HDA gets device index No 1. The volume control hotkeys work fine while the Xmod is plugged in, but if I pull it out from the USB port and then press one of Vol Up, VolDown, Mute On/Off - I get the "It seems that KMix is not running" message while the KMix is running. I can control volume using KMix controls, but the hotkeys stop working properly. I suspect that XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioMute try to control unplugged sound card. How can I check that ? How can I change commands executed by XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioMute in a proper way ?

Thank you for your help and explanations in advance. I'm aiming at true hot plug/unplug

Best regards,
    ArtBar

Comment

Working...
    X