Clear All

Re: Trying to install Audacity with Adept

It's what we're here for.
    For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
      You know what I bet?
      You need to enable the "universe" and "multiverse" repositories (at least).

I guess you could follow the instructions here, or you could just do this:
      In Adept, go to Adept (the menu, where File usually is) > Manage Repositories. Check at least the "universe" and "multiverse" lines.

You may also be interested in the Medibuntu repository. Quick 'n dirty instructions here.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to update your package lists after.
      Give that man a cigar!
      I added "universe" and "multiverse", Adept prompted me to update the package list.
      Then I selected Audacity and requested install and it brought in Audacity and all of it's dependents.
      Thanks a bazillion! You guys rock!

BTW what is the Medibuntu repository? It looks easy enough to add, but what does it bring to the table?

Comment

BTW what is the Medibuntu repository? It looks easy enough to add, but what does it bring to the table?
        Never mind, I backed up a level from the link you sent and it told me all I needed.
        Thanks again.

Comment

One small oddity I came across regarding mp3.
          The lame library has a slightly different name that confused Audacity.
          /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so is actually named: libmp3lame.so.0.0.0
          Kubuntu puts in a symlink to libmp3lame.so.0
          I made another named libmp3lame.so in the same directory and it seems to be working.
          I suppose that I could have used one of the other names, but figured links are cheap.

Comment

Yep, I think that's the normal process. I believe I did the same thing when I installed Audacity.
            For external use only.

Comment

Working...
            X