This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved]After kernal upgrade strange superkaramba behavior

Hi out there, after that last kernal upgrade (about 2 days ago) when a open window is covering a karamba widget, like liquid weather, the overlöapping part gets stuck there and is impossible to remove. when this happens often the dektp freezes and I have to do ctrl+altr+backspace to log out.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    G

Re: After kernal upgrade strange superkaramba behavior

I quess nobody uses superkaramba, or is this question so redunant that nobody wants to answer?

Yes, I have searched but found nothing. So this used to be a great forum, where even people like me where given an answer. NOw, well I'll just wait.

Yes, I am a bit peeved. Then again I can just go back to edgy, scrap feisty and wait

Comment

I don't know whether we simply lack superkaramba users, or whether they're shy about helping. :P Personally, I tried it once in Edgy, but it seemed to be a "solution looking for a problem" in my case, so I didn't develop much skill with it.

Sorry ....

Comment

Superkaramba can be a bit buggy, talking from my own experiences. Something I find when using liquid weather (well, maybe it's not the developers of superkaramba to blame but that of the liquid weather, who knows) is that it takes a while to load or do anything. One thing I've found that solved my problems was to completely remove superkaramba, reboot, then re-install.
        Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

@dibl: It has been working fine up until recently. Quick to load and the weather info is accurate. Especially for us sailors I really didn't put the people on this forum in the "shy" departement :P

@Princey: Thanks for the info. In fact with lack of an answer I did just that (remove, reboot, reinstall) and it worked. Thankyou for the suggestion.

Cheers to all
          G

Comment

Working...
          X