This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post and I'm coming from ubuntu

I must of spent a good amount of time browsing the forums, getting use the KDE. After ubuntu, kubuntu is like taking in chocolate cake after having crackers for a while.

Anyway, my question is.......

WHY IS KCONTROL HIDDEN?

Rediculous I spent 3 hours looking for it because I needed to change my icons. So why is it hidden?

Re: First post and I'm coming from ubuntu

I've no idea -- I came to Kubuntu after Kcontrol had disappeared from the menu system. However, you could have just as easily opened Kmenu>System Settings>Appearance, and done you icon-customising there.

Comment

It's been replaced with the new-but-dubious System Settings.

I think KControl did need a reworking--but System Settings is not the answer.
      For external use only.

Comment

I made a link to KControl into my 'quick links' bar. IMHO it has a LOT more things you can do with it, like 'privacy cleaner' and such. No frets, just how I roll.
        Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

Working...
        X