This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Sheriff -Yahoo Video- {SOLVED}

Greetings fellow Kubuntu tribespeople. For reasons I am embarrassed to mention, I had to do a fresh install of Feisty. All went fine; as usual, installed stuff in the proper order and such.

Anyrate, I went to test my plug-ins for FireFox. All work except for Yahoo/CNN videos.

Yahoo says I've not the proper plug-in installed. When I click on it, I am taken to a M$ Vista page.

CNN, just loads the MPlayer window, and says it's downloading this URL and that URL, then kaput. Nothing but a grey screen.

I did a forum and google search. Google showed me a post in the Ubuntu forum, however the solution to install the codecs via Automatix does not apply. I've already done that.

I found no other reports here. However, I could have missed one. If this is a dupe, let me know and I'll edit it.

Thanks a ton,
    ed

p.s. I installed all packages, utilities, plug-ins, and players that I've installed in other 'melt downs'. However, this is a 'new thang'.
    Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Re: New Sheriff -Yahoo Video- {SOLVED}

Just a follow up. I ended up using MediaConnectivity plugins in FireFox and using VLC to run the video.

I prefer VLC over MPlayer for this application because it loads faster; not as much GUI bloat, and it runs everything.

Hope this helps another.
    Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

Re: New Sheriff -Yahoo Video- {SOLVED}

Thanks Ted -- good to know. I agree about vlc, too.

Comment

Working...
      X