Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a CDRW packet writer for Feisty??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a CDRW packet writer for Feisty??

I got used to using Roxio DirectCD CDRW packet writer in Windows, and now I miss it. Whenever I want to transfer a single fle or a few small files from my Kubuntu system to my Windows system (or to Ubuntu for that matter!) I must erase an ENTIRE CDRW, then burn the file or files onto it.

But packet writers are SO much handier! With them you can use a CDRW exactly like a floppy disk, put one or two files onto a disk that already has hundreds of other files and folders on it, move it to the other system, and copy whatever you want off again, simply by dragging and dropping!

I WANT MY PACKET WRITER!!

Re: Is there a CDRW packet writer for Feisty??

That's actually a good question. I don't personally use that much, but I know a lot of people who do. I would be interested to know myself.

Comment

Re: Is there a CDRW packet writer for Feisty??

Hmm - there is:

Packet Writing
      http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Packet_Writing

But note that:
      reliability is poor; any glitch and your data is done for. Furthermore many software vendors in the MS Windows world have managed to make their implementations incompatible to each other
      Been there, done that - CDRW did work in my computer BUT didn't work in the other machine. >

Note # 2:
      You will be able to mount the CD/DVD-RW by double-clicking on an icon in the computer browser, if using Ubuntu. If using KDE, you are on your own.
      :-X
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
      X