X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMSN Installation

Hey Folks,

Having a bitch of a time trying to get AMSN working (I wanna give all these programs a shot as I'm not quite satisfied with kopete - it does the trick, but I wanna see if there is something else that strikes my fancy

Anyhew I've done installs from Automatix, Adept, and event apt-get and I'm still getting this tcltls library error. I found a few scripts that seemed to install some sort of tcl or tls package and I've search adapt for it and it says I have it installed but AMSN still ain't working, can anyone lend a hand?

Re: AMSN Installation

Can you post the exact error?

I guess all I can say at this point is to make sure the tcltls package is installed and that if it's missing a library, make sure it's looking in the right place.
    For external use only.

Comment

I'm having the same issue...when I try to install via aMSN I select install for my arch. and this is the error I get.

Error installing TLS module:: Couldn't get http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sou...nux.x86.tar.gz

If I choose to not let aMSN install it, I get the message:

The MSN Protocol 9 required the TLS package. This package does not seem to be installed on this machine. If it's installed, the path to the library directory should be specified in the Preferences window (ex: /opt/tls/lib). blah blah blah (Some reference to their website)

Anyway, I did a search for TLS on my system and I found the path to the directory, but when I go into the preferences tab in aMSN, I can only choose which encryption I want to use, but it does not have a field for me to enter the path to the correct directory.

Any ideas?

Comment

Get the source, find out where it's looking for the TLS libs, and either change the source or create a symlink where it's looking for it.

Failing that, I'd say "don't use aMSN".
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X