This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superkaramba & Liquid Weather ++ 14.6

After I got rid of Beryl I've been having a problem with Superkaramba and Liquid Weather ++ 14.6. The problem is actually with all the themes, but Liquid Weather is really the only one I use.

I need to have 4 Liquid Weather themes running before one actually shows up on my desktop. I only see one of them but I know all four are there because if by chance I don't have an internet signal I get four error messages telling me that Liquid Weather can't connect to the net, etc.

I've tried a purge and reinstall of Superkaramba and that didn't help. I would really like to get this fixed because it really lags when I boot my computer.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Superkaramba & Liquid Weather ++ 14.6

don't know, but since nobody picked this one up...
    try the following (in a konsole):
    Code:
    cd
    sudo apt-get autoremove superkaramba --purge
    rm -rf ./.superkaramba
    then try and log into kde to check that all is alright
    then try installing superkaramba again
    eventually set up liquid weather

see if that changes anything...

ps:
    the first command is to make sure we're in your home dir
    the second removes the superkaramba package and the stuff that goes with it
    the last command removes the superkaramba configuration directory and file from your home dir
    ...all of this in the attempt to make sure things are really clean before trying again.

hth
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Thanks. I had tried a purge using aptitude but it didn't work. This time using the purge from konsole it worked. I don't understand, but it worked. Thanks again.
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

8)
        gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Working...
        X