X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod Issues

Hi there,

I recently install Kubuntu Feisty on my laptop and am plugging in my ipod for the first time. I start up Amarok and this is what I get

Media Device: iPod mounted at /media/VICTOR already locked. If you are sure that this is an error, then remove the file /media/VICTOR/iPod_Control/iTunes/iTunesLock and try again.

I need help on this particular issues.

Kindest regards
    V

Re: Ipod Issues

Hi Virdis

I've seen this message when mounting an Ipod in Amarok but found that selecting ok and alowing Amarok to delete the ilock file was fine and caused no problems.

If you're interested the ilock file can be found fairly easily on the ipod itself and on the 2 that I've seen it was an empty (0kb) file (which was what made me feel confident enough to allow Amarok to delete it)

Cheers
    Child
    http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Comment

Dear Child,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Now just a question, do you think that it is safe to delete the itunelock manually. I have let Amarok to remove it but this is what i get

Media Device: removing lockfile /media/VICTOR/iPod_Control/iTunes/iTunesLock failed: Unknown error.

Please advise.

Kindest regards
      V

Comment

Go to the file in Konqueror and try deleting it from there.

By the way, it's empty because it's a lock file. It operates on presence, not content. Don't feel too secure about deleting empty files in Linux, it's different from Windows.
        For external use only.

Comment

Thank you again for the prompt reply,

I don't know what happen. I have reboot my computer again and plug in Ipod no this is what I get

failed to create lockfile on iPod mounted at /media/VICTOR: Permission denied

Please anybody, Help

Thanks

Comment

How is it being mounted?
            For external use only.

Comment

Yes, I can see it on Konqueror...

Comment

How, though?
                Automatically at boot, manually, what?
                For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
                  Go to the file in Konqueror and try deleting it from there.

By the way, it's empty because it's a lock file. It operates on presence, not content. Don't feel too secure about deleting empty files in Linux, it's different from Windows.
                  Thanks for the tip I did wonder but figured that because it was empty and if it did need to be there it would have been easy to replace. (I didn't actually delete it the first time just moved it out of the way)

Cheers
                  Child
                  http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Comment

Working...
                  X