This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete IM question

Kubuntu 7.04. I'm wondering if there is a way to have Kopete log in without asking me for my wallet password. I'm the only user of this laptop and have no real reason it can't just log in automatically. Is there a way to tell wallet to just let Kopete in without a password?

Thanks.

Re: Kopete IM question

If you go into configure kwallet and deselect 'enable entire kwallet subsystem' then that will do the trick.

Of course, now I can't seem to reenable kwallet (I tested the above suggestion before making it) but thats another problem entirely.

Comment

i was wondering this same question since switching to kubuntu. thanks
      <br />

Comment

Phew, managed to get kwallet working again. Its called 'kwalletmanager', which threw me for a while as I kept trying to run commands like kwallet and kdewallet and getting nowhere. The irony of screwing things up by giving advice on how to fix them was starting to weigh on me.

Comment

Argh! Mine eyes are assaulted by the large graphical sigs!
          For external use only.

Comment

What I did was set my KWallet password to null. Of course, you wouldn't want to do this on a multiuser system or save passwords to your secret offshore bank accounts, but it is fine for things like WPA passwords and IM passwords.

Comment

NICE. Nice. Probably should have thought of that, entering nothing for the wallet password is working great. Since I'm the only user this will work fine for me.

Another little issue rather than starting a whole new thread: can I have Kopete start up with my status as "Away"? It always starts up as "Online".

Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

@ed67
                i just looked around kopete and it doesn't appear there is an option to do that.
                <br />

Comment

SheeEttin;

Comment

Working...
                  X