This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cups-pdf failed to print a PS file to PDF

I've been trying to install cups-pdf since Edgy, but haven't succeeded completely up till the Feisty installation I'm using now.

Curiously enough, the problem occurs only when I'm trying to print a PostScript file (generated by the latest universal AdobePS driver on Windows) from KGhostView using cups-pdf. The error message can be seen from the "error.png" attachment. Even stranger is that I also tried the ps2pdf command line, and it could actually convert the PostScript files properly into PDF most of the time. (I'll explain "most of the time" below.) According to the "Print to PDF" virtual printer's settings, it is actually point to ps2pdf! So why does the ps2pdf command line work while cups-pdf printer fails?

To help diagnosis, I've also put the test PostScript file (test.ps, generated using AdobePS driver on WinXP), the erroneous PDF generated by cups-pdf (test_error.pdf), and the PDF generated by ps2pdf (test_proper.pdf) at http://www.flying-w.net/Feisty/cups-pdf_error.tar.bz2 for your review.

P.S. What I meant by "most of the time" above is because I do have a PostScript that has 100+ pages actually caused ps2pdf to stack overflow after than 86th page. But never mind, since that's only a rare case since the document was pretty graphics intensive.
    Attached Files
Working...
X