This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

emerald themes

I just got Beryl set up on my new HP laptop with a nvidia graphic card. Everything on Beryl is working fine but the Emerald Themes won't load up. The Emerald Manager is there and I can see all the Emerald themes but I cannot change the themes or even load them. Can someone help me. Thanks

Re: emerald themes

If you right-click the Beryl icon on your taskbar, and then choose "Window Decorator", do you see Emerald as an option to "x"?

Comment

When I right click on Beryl Manager and go to "Select Windows Decorator" I have two options

1. Standard Beryl Decorator (Emerald) which is selected
      2. Heliodor

Comment

OK, and then if you click "Reload Windows Decorator" (next menu item up), do you have the borders that you chose in Emerald Themes?

Comment

I did that and it didn't work. Like I have been reloading the windows decorator for the pass hour now and I just decided to seek help. I don't get the border where the minimize, maximize and close buttons are. Beryl runs like a charm just that emerald doesn't come up

Comment

Aha -- so you have the famous "missing window decorator" problem?

OK, in addition to the zillion posts on this forum and at Ubuntu Forums on that particular little devil, I will advise you that you probably do not have glx and/or compositing set correctly in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. Without knowing which Nvidia card and driver you have, try this in a console window and see what happens:

Code:
            sudo nvidia-xconfig --add-argb-glx-visuals --composite
            and let us know if you see any smoke ....

{ little joke there }

Comment

That sounds like something i hat to. In my case i installed Beryl from adept and probably missed some packages.
              To solve this i went to the Beryl website and followed the Feisty Fawn installation instructions:
              http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/I...eryl_on_Ubuntu

Good luck!

Comment

I tired that and nothing happen. I do get the following error message which I should have posted before.

Reloading options
                beryl: No GLXFBConfig for depth 32

I looked in my xorg.conf and realise that I only go to depth 24..

Comment

They're the same thing in reality.

As for how to fix it, I don't know. I'm sure someone else does.
                  For external use only.

Comment

Yep. You need to set
                    Code:
                    DefaultDepth 24
                    in your xorg.conf. Back it up first, then open it with kdesu kate and find where it says
                    Code:
                    DefaultDepth 32
                    , and change the 32 to 24.

Or, if there is a mode in the "Screens" stanza that is depth=32, you need to comment that out by putting a "#" in front of that line.

Comment

Hey guys it worked. Thanks for all the help. After doing that it worked like a charm. Now I'm cool . Thanks again for the help you all

Comment

Working...
                      X