This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knetworkmanager and pcmcia wireless

Knetworkmanager does not recognize the pcmcia wireless card. I use kwifi manager to connect to network but still cannot connect to internet. kwifi shows full connection to actiontec modem and knetworkmanager shows no connection. Configuring manually does not help the situation. The wireless card worked fine under edgy and dapper.
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Re: knetworkmanager and pcmcia wireless

Actiontec modem? Is this a PCMCIA modem or a PCMCIA Wireless NIC? What is the brand and model? Do you know the chipset?

Comment

I have an action tec dsl wirless modem. The pcmcia wireless card is d-link dwl-g630. I don't know the chipset.

Like I said, it worked fine OTB with edgy and dapper. For some reason I cannot gain access to the internet even though kwifimanager shows a connection.

Comment

Everything I have read said that your wifi card should just work. I have read of folks using madwifi and ndiswrapper, but I have read several reports of it just working. Does it show up when you type 'cardctl ident'?

Comment

to be more clear: The card works but neither konqueror nor firefox sees the connection. Kwifi makes the connection but knetwork manager does not recognize the connection therefore the web browsers don't work.

Comment

Try "ifconfig". Does it appear?
            For external use only.

Comment

Working...
            X