This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy grub configuration ?

I've been using lilo for a while. But now I'm getting frequent boot problems. Long story short. I want to switch to grub, which is officially supported.I haven't had luck with grub-install, and I'd rather not have to become a guru on menu.lst ... is there any graphical tool available ? I just installed gnome-system-tools, following advice from here:

http://grubconf.sourceforge.net/

But I don't see any boot configuration entry in the menues.

Any pointers ?

Thanks in advance !

Re: easy grub configuration ?

If what you are wanting to do is install grub then get the grub super disk and simply follow the prompts.

If its editing grub you may want to check out SUM, its a graphical editor not just for grub, but for everything to do with startup, such as the splash screen.
    That said editing menu.lst with kate is very easy to do. If you want to do some specific edit just tell us what it is and you'll soon get a reply on exactly what to edit (searching the forums will turn up plenty on this).

Comment

Re: easy grub configuration ?

Great, thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I found out grub won't work for me, since my root fs (including /boot) are XFS (there is aprominent bug in launchpad about this issue)

Again, thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
      X