This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpilot-J-Pilot-Zire 31

Kubuntu won't see the palm. Has anyone been successful in mounting this device and using kpilot or jpilot. Suggestions?

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Re: Kpilot-J-Pilot-Zire 31

Have you done a

Code:
    sudo modprobe visor
    before plugging it in?

Also, I Googled for several hours to come up with a line for udev, to make it automatically link wherever the Palm appears to /dev/pilot. Put in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules (create the file if needed):

Code:
    BUS=="usb", SYSFS{product}=="palmOne Handheld*", KERNEL=="ttyUSB[13579]", SYMLINK="pilot", MODE="666"
    You might have to change the "palmOne Handheld*" and [13579] bits, I'm not sure if the Zire 31 uses odd or even USB tty numbers. This works nicely for my Tungsten T5 (apart from the occasional delete-all-calendar-entries bug...)

Comment

OK, it looks like it will take more than I than I first thought. Shouldn't the device auto mount like a usb storage device. I realize there's more but isn't that for sync etc.

More reading required.

eriefisher
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

It can, if you configure it to. Things don't automatically mount by default (except maybe CDs, and of course, your root drive).

On something being for sync, I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you mean automounting, not necessarily. I assume it will sync just fine when mounted and synced manually.
        For external use only.

Comment

Had this problem with my treo and Jpilot. After investing lots of hours I could not really afford, I changed back to my old serial cable for it. Then, entering /dev/ttyS1 was the only thing I had to do.

Comment

Thanks for the modprobe tip. That did it for me (Palm Tungsten E). I was syncing without trouble on Edgy, but couldn't do it on Feisty.

What I had to do though was use the Kpilot wizard to pass on my user name and use /dev/ttyUSB1 as the device name.

Comment

In case you didn't know, you can add the module to load into /etc/modules and it will load on boot.
              For external use only.

Comment

Working...
              X