This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feisty Fawn for AMD64

I need the shockwave flash plugin for Foxfile but the plugin always fails because it does not know AMD64 for cpu type. Is there a workaround?

Re: Feisty Fawn for AMD64

Shockwave Flash only comes in 32-bit so it will not work immediately on firefox because firefox for AMD64 is 64-bit. One option is to install nspluginwrapper and ndiswrapper-i386 using adept/synaptic/apt-get. Some info on this is at: http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/proje...pluginwrapper/

The other option is to install the 32-bit version of firefox. You might search the web to see how to do this. I think that it might be pretty straightforward to do, but I used nspluginwrapper and followed the information in the documentation section of the website listed above.

Comment

Last night I managed to get it to work; it took me a while but now Flash is working.
      I am not familiar with Alien, so I built the nspluginwrapper from the sources on
      http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/proje...pluginwrapper/

That needed adding several packages to resolve the dependencies for configure and make:
      g++
      libc6-dev-i386
      libxt-dev
      kde-devel
      libgtkextra-x11-2.0-1
      libx11-dev
      libgtk2.0-dev

Then I downloaded the Flash plugin 9.0 (I believe it was beta2, anyway the latest version available for Linux), unpacked it and copied the .so file in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Then I created a wrapper with this command
      nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

and created a simlink in the firefox plugin directory

Your mileage might vary, but I hope this helps.
      Here are my plugin dirs (probably some files are not needed, and I am going to try whether I can replace the libflashplayer.so file in the firefox directory with a symlink to the one in the mozilla one)

root@skiantos:~# ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
      total 6971
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7040080 2007-05-28 00:50 libflashplayer.so
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12904 2007-02-05 14:51 libswfdecmozilla.so
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 70512 2007-05-28 11:09 npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7040080 2007-05-28 00:51 libflashplayer.so
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 2007-05-27 23:00 libswfdecmozilla.so -> ../../mozilla/plugins/libswfdecmozilla.so
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11072 2007-04-03 17:30 libunixprintplugin.so
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 2007-05-28 00:58 npwrapper.libflashplayer.so -> ../../mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

Comment

the easiest thing to do for flash on amd64 is install swiftfox and swiftfox plugins with automatix2.
        I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
        X