X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems in Kubuntu 7.04

Hi there!

I'm using Kubuntu Feisty Fawn i386 and I'm having a few problems with a few apps... The problems are:

1 - K3B doesn't erase CD's and DVD's, rewritable, of course... I've changed permissions of /dev/scd0 and /media folders, I've reinstalled K3b, but nothing... If I unmount the drive before trying again, it erases, takes too long to start the recording, records and it hangs at the "Flushing cache..." part... I'm really needing K3b working correctly on Kubuntu. This situation happens since the installation of Kubuntu. I've tried both CD's and DVD's, more than one trademark. I usual only use good DVD's and CD's.
    EDIT: If I run K3b in root (kdesu k3b) it does the same thing...

2 - wengophone 2.0 doesn't have custom SIP support, does anybody know where to download 2.1 deb package, as the official files don't install correctly, after running the sh file?

If anybody can help me with these two problems, I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Re: Problems in Kubuntu 7.04

2) You can download the WengoPhone 2.1.0 deb package from http://www.wengophone.com/index.php/mp_download_wp_lin
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

hi

there is no deb package there. Although it is said there, if you download, is a source file, not a deb package

thanks anyway

Comment

The tar file is not a source archive, it is a binary, and it contains all the needed libs inside it for it to run just about in any distro. If you download and extract the binary archive for 2.1 as listed in the link Marlin posted, it should run just fine in feisty by clicking in the wengophone.sh file you will find in there, though it took a while to load up the first time for me.

Comment

claydoh, if you read GreenCherry's post, you see this:

2 - wengophone 2.0 doesn't have custom SIP support, does anybody know where to download 2.1 deb package, as the official files don't install correctly, after running the sh file?

She can't run correctly the sh file, it gives errors...

But the main problem is the K3b problem, does anybody has a solution for that? I found more people with that on other ubuntu foruns, but no solutions...

Comment

Working...
          X