This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker consuming lots of CPU time

Since upgrading my laptop to Feisty, I noticed that CPU utilization hovers at about 20% even when I'm not running any applications. If I run "top," I see that Kicker is responsible, constantly chewing up about 15% of the CPU. And battery life on my laptop has gone down noticeably.

Any idea why Kicker is so busy or how I can find out what it's doing? I also run Feisty on a desktop at work, and I do not have the same problem there: CPU utilization is close to 0 when no apps are running.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Re: Kicker consuming lots of CPU time

my first guess without actually seeing your kicker (a posted screenshot of your kicker would be potentially helpful) would be that you have one (or more) applets on your kicker that might be causing the problem...
    <br />

Comment

Originally posted by disturbedite
      my first guess without actually seeing your kicker (a posted screenshot of your kicker would be potentially helpful) would be that you have one (or more) applets on your kicker that might be causing the problem...
      Yeah, I thought of that, but I have Kicker set up the same way on both the laptop and desktop, so it's strange that the problem only shows up on the laptop. Nothing too special as far as applets go. I usually run the "System Guard" applet, but the problem continues even if I remove it.

Comment

I have isolated the problem to the KBFX Spinx applet. If i remove that, CPU utilization goes flat. Too bad. The button was pretty.

Comment

File a bug report.
          Best way to get problems like these solved.

And besides, if you don't let the programmers know, how are they supposed to improve their programs.
          For external use only.

Comment

Working...
          X