Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Configuring hotkeys / laptop buttons (HP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring hotkeys / laptop buttons (HP)

Hi,

I have an HP nx9420 laptop which has sound, calculator, and presentation keys on the keyboard. After install, the volume keys work and the calculator is mapped to speedcrunch.

My question is how do I change the mappings? I would like the calculator key to map to gcalctool instead of speedcrunch, and the presentation button to map to Openoffice Impress instead of nowhere.

I can't find anything in settings. Found some information pointing towards KMilo, but nothing about how to configure it.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Configuring hotkeys / laptop buttons (HP)

Right-click the K Menu button and click Menu editor. Find the application you want to launch, then click the button next to "Current shortcut key" (on the right). Hit the key you want to map it to, then save and exit.
    For external use only.

Comment

Maybe this thread will help as well?

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...66218#msg66218

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
        Right-click the K Menu button and click Menu editor. Find the application you want to launch, then click the button next to "Current shortcut key" (on the right). Hit the key you want to map it to, then save and exit.
        Thanks, this worked like a charm.

I'm new to KDE and wasn't even aware of the existence of the menu editor :P

Comment

What a great little thread, solving a little annoysnce I hadn't even thought to ask about!
          Victoria concordia crescit<br />ओ पालन्हारे ... तुम्रे बिन हम्र कौनोन नहीं

Comment

Working...
          X