This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i see the bottom of the window?

Just done a fresh install of Kubuntu off the latest downloaded live CD.

While trying to get sound working I changed a setting in Kmix to change the orientation of the sliders from vertical to horizontal. I have tried changing the setting back to vertical, click Apply and OK, and the indicator shows the new setting but the window does not change.
    Remove, re boot and reinstall has not solved this.

Now the window is too tall to display on the screen, even at max resolution.

I can't drag the window higher than the top of the screen, and I cant make the window smaller from the top. No scroll bar is available on the window to scroll to the bottom.

How do I get to see the bottom of the window?

Re: How do i see the bottom of the window?

Wow, you must have a lot of channels.
    Anyway, close KMix and open up ~/.kde/share/config/kmixrc and the option should be on line 7.

Wait. This isn't good.
    While playing around with KMix, I set the sliders to horizontal. Guess what? They won't change back. Looks to me like a bug in KMix.

Aha! While looking through KMix's bug reports, it seems that it's backwards. Just set it to vertical (OK > Restart KMix), then set it to horizontal again (restart KMix). The window will still be stretched, just shrink it to normal size (or, if you can't, execute "dcop kmix kmix-mainwindow#1 resize 1 1" while the KMix window is open).

EDIT: it's bug number 136182. Just so you know.
    For external use only.

Comment

OK, thanks for that, will have another play.

gave up this afternoon after about 3 hrs of tinkering with it.
      I had looked for a config file, but could not find it. I was searching for kmix, but did not find anything, no idea why, but did the search now and it found it

Thanks for the link to the bug report. I did google it. but probably using the wrong terms.
      Thanks

Oh, the card is an Audigy SB0090, so yes lots of sliders, but screen res is max of 800x600, so that is part of the problem....but that is for another day and another post.
      Cant seem to get any sound out of it, even after reading loads of posts about it, so have ripped it out and am back to the on board sound card

Comment

Not the fix for your problem but a general tip for X-windows; clicking anywhere in a window while holding down the Alt key allows you to move it around at will.

Comment

Just tried that, thanks, it works!!

that would have done the job,
          still cant get the Audigy sound card to work, but at least I now know there are no buttons at the bottom of the window that I am missing

Comment

Working...
          X