This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Menu editing in Kubuntu Feisty 7.04

Anyone know why I can't save changes to the KDE Menu?

I right click and choose edit menu. Make the changes but I get a permissions error and won't let me save it. The install is relatively new so not much additional configuration has been done.

Also how does one take admin priv for KDE applications. Is there some sort of app like the command line sudo in KDE ? Maybe this would help with the above issue.

Cheers in advance

Re: KDE Menu editing in Kubuntu Feisty 7.04

you can use kdesu in place of sudo in kde.

Comment

Lack of admin priv is not your problem. I just tested by doing run command 'kmenuedit' and was able to save the changes so you don't need kdesu (actually when I tried it with 'kdesu kmenuedit' the changes weren't saved on exit). As to how to solve your problem however I have no idea sorry.

Comment

I have no clues for you either. Just wanted to note for records that this is the first distro in 2 years where editing the K-Menu actually DOES work.

Hopefully your boggle is easy. Are you logged on twice? The only thing I DID have to do to get it to work right come to think of it, I had to 'enable' the user 'root' in user management. I had to do it for something else, but I remember trying to edit K-Menu and it bounced. I cursed it as the known KDE bug was not fixed. I enabled root about 2 months ago. I forgot I tried to edit K-Menu, and did it again last night to include some games. It work flawlessly.

Dunno if the root account enabling DID anything, or if it was updates, however it DOES work on my end. And enabling root is the only thing I've really played with since I got my sound/video/codecs/multimedia working.
        Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

Working...
        X